So the district seems open to considering other placements. My case manager told me on the DL that she was pretty sure she was going to get this call from me b/c of my comments at Sam's last IEP meeting and she pointed otu Sam's test scores to the director. I want to see the other public program but I also want them to show me what other options might be available. I am supposed to speak to the director directly tomorrow. Cross your fingers for us.
On the sleep front, Sam is doing better. He often wakes up at 5 which isn't exactly the best thing but sometimes I can convince him to lie in bed with me for half an hour or so. On most days I have to get up at that point anyway. Unfortunately, a few days after Sam started sleeping through, Maya started waking again. She started sleeping a bit better this weekend. I really hope their sleep patterns even out before I have to deal with newborn night wakings again.
As for the pregnancy, I told my boss but I asked her to hold off spreading the word until all testing is complete. I am almost at 17 weeks and I don't know how much longer I can stay out of maternity clothes. I am much sicker with this one than the last. For me, it has been worse each time. Since I still have nausea and I still throw up from time to time, I am afraid it may be this way the whole time. The worst is when I take my prenatal vitamins - about 20 minutes later I lose everything in my gut. Fun.
There are moments when I think having another child is a great idea - times like when Maya chases Sam or he chases her and they laugh together. Other times, I think I have made a big mistake. Not that the child is unwanted or anything but that s/he may be more than I can handle. I won't be able to go to a grocery store or do much of anything unless I get serious help or my husband is able to set up a different schedule. I am not sure I can deal with even MORE isolation.