Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The new trampoline was a hit. I got an adult "jogging" trampoline this time which will be much harder to break.


Christmas was horrible - really one of the worst days in a very long time. Sam frantically stimmed all day long and destroyed books after book. He seemed distressed at his inability to stop but he just couldn't turn off. Eventually I packed the books all away upstairs in Maya's room. Her room has a gate we have to keep closed so Sam can't get at them. I am going to have to try to figure out ways to steal a few minutes alone with Maya to read from time to time.


The rest of the week was better. I was off of work and Sam and Maya were home with me. With the help of increases in meds, Sam was able to relax a little and he seemed a bit happier. I a relunctant to say the meds are working because it seems that as soon as I draw a conclusion about something, Sam's brain regresses back and I have to re-evaluate. He has had a good week at school so far so that is nice.




I am starting to get some of the fun symptoms of a pregnancy in the third trimester. I am tired most of the time (although I guess I am lucky the fatigue really didn't kick in until now. Previous tired spells for me were clearly linked to sleep problems with the kids). My hips bones ACHE. THe ache makes it tough to sleep and tough to get comfortable during the day. I consider myself lucky that I haven't gained a ton of weight in any of my pregnancies so while my belly feel big, the rest of me hasn't blown up too much and I can still get around well. I also have never had trouble with leg or foot swelling.




I am shocked sometimes to realize how close I am to having three children. I feel like I have barely had time to think about this pregnancy. I didn;t find out the gender this time. People ask if I am curious but I haven't spent a lot of time thinking about it. I don't want it to sound like I don't care, I just mean that it hasn't been something I have obsessed over because I have been too busy. For months Maya insisted she was having a sister "like Maya". But now she is demanding a brother.






No comments: