Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Losing teeth and losing faith in doctors

Sam lost another tooth yesterday.  I only found out becasue I happened to look in his mouth at the right angle.  He had no idea.  Or if he did, held no significance for him.  So far this makes 3 teeth out.  THe first he got a bit upset about, the second he must have swalloed in his sleep and then this one must have come out during the day.  I am sad that this developmental period means nothing to him but I am happy that it is not overly upsetting to him.  I suppose it could be worse.

After weekly follow up calls to the meurologist, I finally got a call back about 2 months after I sent the video of Sam foaming at the mouth.  The doctor still hadn't been able to open the video and said we woudl just talk about it at Sam's next appointment - in August.    AUGUST.  So he hasn't seen the video and has no idea if it is something serious and he says don't worry about it we will talk in August.  I would love to find a new neurologist but I really don't think there are any fantastic doctors out there for Autism.  I have list from various school with "parent recommendations" but this guy is on one of those lists so I don't know how much help they will be. 

No comments: