Friday, April 27, 2012

Seven!

Yesterday Sam turned seven!  I can't believe I have been a mother for seven years.  It was a regular day - everyone had school/work.  I gave Sam a musical toy as his gift.  He likes these Baby Einstein toys which look like stuffed animals with pictures of instruments on their paws. You press the paws and it plays a tune.  Hannah got the turtle for Christmas but Sam quickly claimed it and began holding in right up to his ear and playing it again and again and again. .  I found out they make the same toy in different animals so I got him the Panda (and actually the lion a few weeks back as well) to be extra.  We had ice cream cake after dinner and called it a day. 

It was, as his birthdays always are, bittersweet.  I am happy that we are in a better phase with him. He is happier so fewer tantrums, and we have a decent therapy schedule for him.  The fact that he is getting older is hard because chances of his gaining clear communication and cognition are getting slimmer and slimmer.  

But we keep trying!

No comments: