Monday, November 24, 2008

Adoption

You might notice that the "Blogs I Read" are adoption blogs.

I have known since I was a teenager that I wanted to adopt some day. After I had my son Sam, I was so madly in love with him, my desire to adopt grew stronger. I couldn't stop thinking about how all children should have a parent who loves them this much. My niece was adopted from China and the man who helped facilitate her adoption went to work for Gladney so my brother-in-law told me to check out that agency. I researched the agency was drawn to their Ethiopia program. My husband and I agreed it was something we would pursue when we had the money. Through the Gladney site, I found some fantastic blogs.

Then Sam developed Autism and everything changed. He requires almost all of our energy and money and we are just hoping we can do enough to give him the best chance possible at a normal life. We have a six month old daughter who is so far very typical so we are crossing our fingers. . .

So adoption is on hold, probably for quite a while.

BUT I just found a great way to do something for an Ethiopian orphan. We joined an online community being coordinated here - www.bottomlysandethiopia.blogspot.com
As an online community we are sponsoring an orphanage - Kebebtsehay Children's Home

The group setting up the sponsorship is Children's Hope Chest - www.hopechest.org

I am thrilled to be able to participate.

No comments: